St Mary’s is a small church in Vazhappally Village, part of the Cathedral church and the Arch Diocese of Changanacherry, Kerala. It was first established in 1177, and reconstructed and consecrated in 1887.More than 125 families are gathering here for daily masses and other prayers.The Cathedral church is located on Market Road, about half KM from Changanassery town. A new semi-circular section was added to the rear of the building in the 60s to accommodate a growing congregation. Outside, at the head of the building, stands the tallest structure in the town, namely, the bell tower. The ringing of the bell can be heard throughout the city.